Halloween Carrot Fingers are the perfect healthy Halloween snack. They are festive, fun, and a great way to add something healthy to your Halloween party spread. They are also a great way to get kids to eat something nourishing before heading out trick-or-treating. I like to dip my carrot fingers in hummus, but you could dip them in any dip you like!
Health benefits of carrots
Carrots are the perfect healthy Halloween snack because of their festive colour. If you buy organic carrots, there is no need to peel them which will save you lots of prep time with making carrot fingers. Carrots are also bursting with health benefits that you don’t want to miss out on!
- They are high in cancer-fighting antioxidants like beta-carotene and vitamin C.
- Beta-carotene converts to vitamin A which is fantastic for eye health, preventing glaucoma, protecting against cataracts, and helping trick-or-treaters see in the dark.
- The vitamin C content in carrots makes them an immune system booster, which is helpful after a night of running around collecting candy in the chilly autumn air.
- Carrots are also great for your heart and protect against cardiovascular disease.
Halloween Carrot Finger Recipe
(gluten-free, vegan, sugar-free)
Prep time: 20 minutes | Serving size: 2 cups hummus with carrots
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas (19oz drained and rinsed)
- 1 lemon, juiced
- ¼ cup tahini
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ Tbsp cumin
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Salt to taste
- 15 carrots, peeled
- 5 almond slices
- To make the hummus: Place the garlic in a food processor and process until chopped. Add the chickpeas, lemon juice, tahini, olive oil, cumin, cayenne pepper, black pepper and salt and blend until smooth.
- Cut 5 carrot tips to finger length. Cut the remaining carrots into sticks.
- Cut a flat and shallow notch at the top of each carrot finger. Fill the notch with a tiny bit of hummus to hold an almond slice fingernail.
- Place the hummus in a serving bowl and stick the carrot fingers into the hummus so it looks like a hand coming out of the bowl. Surround with carrot sticks and serve.