Today I’m sharing a guest post by Easy Healthy Smoothie with 4 Healthy and Delicious Smoothie Recipes for Fall. Some tastes and smells are tailor made for fall and will always make you think of this time of the year. Incorporating the fall flavours into your smoothies is a lot easier than you might think, particularly with these 4 healthy and delicious smoothie recipes that are based around some of the foods that are bound to make you excited for fall to come around again. Below are 4 great smoothie recipes for fall that are both delicious and super healthy.
4 Healthy and Delicious Smoothie Recipes for Fall
Pumpkin Apple Protein Rich Smoothie
Perfect for breakfast, this smoothie makes good use of seasonal pumpkin. It’s quick to make so it’s great for busy mornings. The combination of fibre and protein is just what you need for a filling breakfast that sets you up for the day ahead too.
Apple and oats add a fibre boost, which keeps you feeling full through the morning and Greek yoghurt brings a good amount of protein into the equation too. Protein is hugely important for good health – much more than a lot of people realize – and making a quick protein smoothie is an easy way to make sure you’re getting enough of it in your diet. It’s deliciously creamy with more than a hint of a dessert feel about it but it’s a whole lot healthier!
- ¼ cup oats
- ½ cup unsweetened pumpkin puree (canned is fine if you don’t have fresh)
- ⅓ cup Greek yoghurt (plain, unsweetened)
- ½ apple (sliced but the skin can be left on if it is organic)
- ¼ cup almond milk
- Small pinch of ingredients
- Blend the oats first for around 30 seconds, depending on how powerful your blender is. If it’s a low-powered blender, either pre-soak the oats in the almond milk for about 20 minutes or grind them using a coffee grinder.
- Add and blend the other ingredients until smooth and creamy.
Cinnamon Apple Smoothie
I love cinnamon. It is closely associated with fall and this smoothie combines the great taste of this spice with apple. Cinnamon has some great health benefits too and has antioxidant and anti inflammatory qualities.
- 1 apple
- ½ cup spinach
- 1 tsp cinnamon (ground)
- 1 cup almond milk
- Optional – 1 Tbsp flaxseed (ground)
- Optional – 1 Tbsp natural almond butter for an almond twist on the taste
- Core and chop the apple.
- Grind the flaxseed (a spice mill can work well for this).
- Add all of the ingredients to your blender and combine until smooth and creamy.
Cranberry, Pear & Ginger Delight
Fall is a great time to hop on the cranberry bandwagon in the run up to Thanksgiving and get the benefit of the antioxidants they contain. Cranberry gives this smoothie a refreshing, tart taste and ginger adds a touch of warmth. The sweetness of the pear offsets the tartness to some extent but you can add a couple of Medjool dates to make it a bit sweeter if you prefer.
- ½ cup cranberries
- ½ pear
- ½ cup almond milk, unsweetened
- ½ inch piece of ginger (peeled)
- ½ tsp vanilla
- Optional – 2 Medjool dates to sweeten
- Add all of the ingredients to your blender and blend until smooth.
Gingerbread Smoothie Recipe
This gingerbread themed smoothie doesn’t just taste like fall; it also gives you a hefty dose of iron. In case you haven’t been introduced to blackstrap molasses before, it is a great source of iron and other minerals. Ginger and cinnamon give some great fall flavour.
- 1 banana
- 1-2 Tbsp blackstrap molasses
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup almond milk
- ½ Tbsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ginger
- If you’re new to blackstrap molasses, you may want to blend the other ingredients first.
- You can then add and blend 1 tbsp of blackstrap molasses to see how you like the taste. If you don’t mind it, you can add another 1 tbsp for some extra iron or just stick with 1 tbsp if you’re not a big fan.
Want more smoothie recipes?
My eBook The Holistic in the City 21 Day Smoothie Guide contains:
- 21 delicious smoothie recipes made with love by 7 Holistic Nutritionists
- Recipes using a wide variety of whole food ingredients and superfoods that nourish your body giving you the essential nutrients you need to shine
- Our Ultimate Smoothie Formula so you can create your own balanced smoothie recipes
- The answer to the age old debate of juicing vs smoothies
- How to buy a healthy protein powder
- Vibrant pictures to go with each smoothie
Today’s post with 4 Healthy and Delicious Smoothie Recipes for Fall is a guest post by Easy Healthy Smoothie. EasyHealthySmoothie.com is all about inspiring people on their journey to weight loss and healthier lifestyle using natural homemade smoothies. They have lots of yummy recipes and smoothie tips and tricks on their website.
If you are interested in publishing a post on JesseLaneWellness.com, please email email@example.com.