Have you heard of golden lattes? I feel like they are so popular right now because turmeric is super anti-inflammatory. I decided to create my own golden latte with a chaga twist and thus my Sunshine Chaga Golden Latte was born! It is a delicious immune boosting and anti-inflammatory drink.
Health Benefits of Chaga
Chaga is a mushroom that grows on birch trees, it actually looks like a big tumour on the side of a tree. It grows in cold climates like Canada, so you can actually pick your own chaga if you know what to look for. Chaga is bursting with health benefits, that is why I love adding it to my Chaga Golden Latte.
- Chaga is excellent for boosting the immune system due to high levels of Beta-D-Glucans.
- If you struggle with digestion, chaga is great because it helps reduce bad bacteria in the gut.
- Chaga is super high in antioxidants so it is a great cancer fighter and helps with cancer prevention.
- The acids found in chaga can break down bad cholesterol in the body which reduces the risk of high blood pressure and other symptoms of high cholesterol.
Turmeric has incredible anti-inflammatory benefits, you can read about them here and check out my Curry Kale Quinoa Salad Recipe.
Is chaga safe for pregnant or nursing women?
That is a tough question to answer because there really aren’t any studies on it. The biggest concern is that chaga is not highly regulated so you could be getting a bad batch that could harm your baby. If you are pregnant or nursing, please talk to your healthcare provider before consuming my Sunshine Chaga Golden Latte, or just swap the chaga tea for hot milk.
Personally, I didn’t drink chaga tea while pregnant, but I’m enjoying it while nursing because the chaga I buy comes from a trusted source. To learn more about which supplements to avoid while pregnant, check out my book Healthy Holistic Pregnancy.
Sunshine Chaga Golden Latte
vegetarian, dairy-free, gluten-free, no-soy
Prep time: 1 minute | Steep time: 15 minutes | Serves 1
- 1 cup chaga tea
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp raw honey
- ½ tsp turmeric
- Pinch cinnamon
- Pinch black pepper
- Pinch ginger
- Make chaga tea as directed on the package.
- Gently heat the milk and add the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix well or blend and enjoy my Sunshine Chaga Golden Latte hot.
Related posts and recipes
This post contains affiliate Amazon links. If you are interested in sharing your product on JesseLaneWellness.com, please email email@example.com.