Smoothie Bowls are a nutritious and delicious breakfast that are also beautiful. I love starting my day with a smoothie but sometimes I mix it up with a smoothie bowl. I thought I would show you how to build a smoothie bowl.
As you know we eat with our eyes so the prettier the breakfast, the better it will taste right?! Smoothie Bowls are so much fun to make because you can really play around with the topping to add texture to your smoothies. You can pretty much use any smoothie as your base, I have a bunch to choose from that I will link below.
Watch me show you how to build a smoothie bowl on CH Morning Live.
Want to jump on the smoothie bandwagon but don’t know where to start?
Recently, smoothies have been all the rage with everyone and their grandma making them in effort to improve their health. The problem is you might be making common smoothie mistakes like forgetting to add protein, fiber, and healthy fats and adding way too much fruit and sugary ingredients. My Holistic in the City 21 Day Smoothie Guide is perfect for you if you are new to smoothies and want to make delicious breakfasts and snacks that are bursting with nutrients.
- 1 smoothie
- with 1/2 of the liquid called for
- 2 Tbsp fruit – blueberries, strawberries, banana, kiwi, pineapple,…
- 1 Tbsp superfood – coconut, goji berries, cacao nibs, dried goldenberries, dried mulberries,…
- 1 Tbsp nut or seed – hemp hearts, pumpkin seeds, peanuts, almonds, chia seeds,…
- Blend the smoothie in a high-speed blender.
- Pour into a wide bowl and top with desired toppings. I like to pick toppings that are in the smoothie along with other toppings that will add crunch and texture.
- Snap and pic (you know you want to! make sure you tag @jesselwellness so I can see your creation) and enjoy with a spoon.