You are going to love Sesame Pistachio Energy Bites by my fantastic intern and fellow holistic nutritionist Stella from Wellness by Stella. You can enjoy them as a snack or as a festive holiday dessert. Sesame Pistachio Energy Bites are quick to make so they are perfect for holiday bake sales when you don’t have much time to make something elaborate.
These healthy-fat and protein packed energy bites do just that – help to give your body a boost of energy whether you are on the go or just need a slightly sweet pick-me-up. They are a festive way to fuel your holiday shopping. Sesame Pistachio Energy Bites are deliciously creamy from the coconut, nutty from the pistachios, and the perfect amount of sweetness from antioxidant-rich maple syrup.
Health benefits of pistachios
Pistachios tend to be really popular around the holiday season because of their beautiful green colour. Not only are they a festive nut, but they are also bursting with health benefits.
- Pistachios are extremely high in protein compared to other nuts. Just once ounce of pistachios gets you 6 grams of protein, making these the perfect snack that lasts, as protein keeps you feeling satisfied!
- They are filled with healthy monounsaturated fats. This type of fat has been studied and regarded as heart-healthy fat which can help to lower LDL or “bad” cholesterol.
- Pistachios are also packed with antioxidants. Antioxidants help to fight off free radical damage which aids in cancer prevention, anti-aging benefits and cardiovascular disease prevention.
Sesame Pistachio Energy Bites Recipe
(gluten-free, vegan, raw)
Prep time: 15 minutes | Serving size: 12
- ½ cup cashews
- ¾ cup pistachios, shells removed (¼ cup whole and ½ cup crushed)
- 1 cup unsweetened, unsulfured shredded coconut
- ¼ cup tahini
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp coconut butter
- Coconut flour if needed
- In a food processor, pulse the cashews, ¼ cup pistachios, and shredded coconut into crumbs.
- Add the tahini, maple syrup, and coconut butter, and blend just until dough forms.
- Transfer to a large bowl and press the dough together. It should be smooth and pliable – like cookie dough.
- If it is too dry, add 1 Tbsp of maple syrup and mix in. If it is too wet, add 1 tsp of coconut flour.
- Transfer the ½ cup crushed pistachios to a small plate. Use your hands to shape the dough into balls and then roll the Sesame Pistachio Energy Bites in the crushed pistachios to coat.
- Place in the fridge for at least 15 minutes and then ENJOY! Store in freezer.
Get more Healthy Dairy Free Dessert Recipes!
Let’s be serious, dessert is still dessert, but this cookbook contains yummy, dairy free dessert recipes that are so healthy you can enjoy them for breakfast! They are made using whole food ingredients that nourish your body and leave you feeling light and energized.
The dairy free desserts in my cookbook Healthy Dairy Free Desserts are high in fibre, an important nutrient that slows down the release of sugar into the bloodstream. This helps avoid a sugar high, which is inevitably followed by a crash. Fiber basically makes sure your energy levels stay balanced.
In my cookbook Healthy Dairy Free Desserts, I teach you how to satisfy your sweet tooth without the guilt!
Use my healthy baking substitutes and guide to sugar alternatives to turn your favourite dessert recipes into healthy treats. With this knowledge, you will never have to use refined sugar or flour again!
Stella is a Holistic Nutritionist, Pilates Instructor and Recipe Developer living in Toronto. Prior to entering the wellness world, Stella struggled with disordered eating and digestive issues for years. Now, she has vowed to make everyone’s journey towards health a happy one. Stella’s biggest motivation is seeing the progress of others. She believes in the healing power of food, empowering others in their pursuit of health and happiness – and doing it all deliciously! Find lots of recipes and wellness related articles on her website www.wellnessbystella.com
If you are interested in publishing a post on JesseLaneWellness.com, please email email@example.com.