Liver Detox Smoothie is extremely refreshing, it has a warming spiciness from the ginger, a sweetness from the beet and a sourness from the lemon. It is one my of favourite smoothies from the Holistic in the City 21 Day Smoothie Guide because it is not a super sweet smoothie. Liver Detox Smoothie is the perfect smoothie to help you recover from a night out on the town because it promotes the detoxification process in the body.
Health Benefits of Beets
I love beets, they are such a beautiful color and have a delicious sweet earthy flavour. They are also bursting with nutrients that offer a multitude of health benefits.
- Beets get their vibrant colour from phytonutrients called betalains that help with phase 2 liver detox
- Beets are high in antioxidants that are not usually found in other fruits and vegetables
- Beets contain anti-inflammatory compounds that have been studied within the context of heart disease
- Beets are high in a particular type of fiber that provides support for the digestive tract and contributes towards the prevention of colon cancer
- Beets are an excellent source of folate, the B vitamin that is very important in the prevention of birth defects
- Beets also contain high amounts of manganese, potassium and copper
The Holistic in the City 21 Day Smoothie Guide virtual book tour was so much fun, I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did! If you missed any of the stops on the tour, you can get caught up on the 21 Day Smoothie Guide Virtual Book Tour here. I also wanted to thank everyone who participated in the tour with a great big thank you to Jefferon, Andrea, Nikole, Briana, Seanna, Chloe and Suzanne.
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 small to medium beet, peeled
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 1 apple
- 1 lemon peeled
- 1/2″ piece of ginger
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth!
Have you tried any of the smoothies from the Holistic in the City 21 Day Smoothie Guide? I would love to know what your favourite is in the comments section!