Energy Boosting Fat Balls are a perfect snack to wake you up halfway through the day. You can make a huge batch and store them in the freezer for easy access when hunger strikes. These are one of my favourite snacks because they don’t make any noise so I can quietly munch away while baby naps.
They also travel well. I’ll pop a couple in my bag on busy days when I know I may not get a chance to sit and eat. I’m always grateful for the delicious energy boost.
Why I love fat
Fat has gotten a bad reputation over the past few years. The “low-fat” fad diets were all the rage for years but they are starting to fizzle as more researching is showing that they simply don’t work. As a society, we are slowly getting over our fat-phobia. We are learning about the amazing health benefits fats have to offer, such as:
- As an energy-storage substance, fat is important for maintaining high energy levels
- Fat facilitates the absorption of fat-soluble vitamins (A, D, E and K)
- It is an essential component of cell membranes
- Nerves and vital organs are surrounded and protected by fat
- Fat helps regulate body temperature
- It is essential for blood clotting
Eat Clean for Energy Course
I am so excited to be the instructor for Clean Eating Academy’s new course Eat Clean for Energy. During my 7-week course, I will share all of my energy boosting tips with you. You will learn:
- How the body creates energy
- Energy-zapping foods that should be avoided
- How drinking water boosts energy levels
- How the body uses carbohydrates, fat, and protein to create energy
- Principals of balancing your meals for optimal energy levels
- Which vitamins and minerals are energy boosters and how to easily incorporate them into your diet
- How and why you need to balance blood sugar levels
- The connection between digestion and your energy levels
- How to improve digestion with enzyme and probiotic rich foods
- The impact hormones have on energy levels
- The power of medicinal mushrooms and adaptogenic herbs
- Easy lifestyles changes to improve energy levels
- How to make yummy recipes that are packed with energy boosting ingredients
I have so much to share with you! I would love for you to join me on this journey to boost your energy levels.
Energy Boosting Fat Balls
(vegan, gluten-free, paleo)
Prep time: 10 minutes | Chill time: 30 minutes | Serving size: 24
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup pecans
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup nut butter
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup hemp seeds
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- ¼ cup cacao nibs
- ¼ cup goji berries
- 4 Medjool dates, pits removed
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ ginger
- Pinch nutmeg
- Place all of the ingredients for Energy Boosting Fat Balls in a food processor and blend until somewhat smooth.
- Roll into bite-sized balls and place on a cookie sheet.
- Freeze Energy Boosting Fat Balls for 30 minutes. Then seal in a container and store in the freezer.