This simple and quick recipe really lets the sweet corn flavour shine. Coconut Curry Corn Soup is perfect for early fall when corn is in season or during the winter when you can enjoy the warming curry spices. If corn isn’t in season, frozen organic corn works really well. When you can’t buy local vegetables, frozen is the next best thing. Frozen vegetables are picked at their peak nutrient value and flash-frozen to lock in the nutrients.
Get more soup recipe in my cookbook Healthy Homemade Soups & Sandwiches
In Healthy Homemade Soups & Sandwiches I share over 20 soup recipes that are bursting with flavour using whole food ingredients. Most of them are super easy to make, just chop the ingredients, throw them in a pot, and relax with a good book while the soup simmers and the flavours mingle. I also explain how to freeze and thaw soups so you will never need to buy canned soup again!
Coconut Curry Corn Soup Recipe
(vegan, gluten-free, no-soy, nut-free)
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cooking time: 20 minutes | Serving Size: 4
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 small yellow onion, 1 cup diced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 ears of corn, kernels removed 4 cups
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- 1.5 cup cooked white kidney beans
- 2 cup full fat coconut milk
- 2 cups water
- ½ lime, juiced and zested
- ½ cup cilantro, finely minced
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Heat coconut oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion and sauté for 5 minutes until translucent.
- Add garlic cloves, corn kernels, and spices. Cook until fragrant, 5 minutes.
- Add beans, coconut milk and water, bring to a boil, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add lime juice and puree in batches in a food processor or with an immersion blender. If you like texture in your soup, remove 1/3 of the soup before pureeing.
- Garnish with cilantro, cayenne pepper, lime zest, and a drizzle of olive oil before serving.
PER SERVING (1/4 recipe): CALORIES: 311, FAT: 15 g, SAT. FAT: 9 g, CARBS: 41 g, FIBER: 8 g, SUGARS: 7 g, PROTEIN: 9 g, SODIUM: 475 mg, CHOLESTEROL: 0 mg