Rocket Chicken Brussels Sprout Salad is jam-packed with textures and flavours that makes every bite satisfying and interesting. The spicy arugula is complimented by creamy avocado, salty parmesan cheese and decadent pine nuts. It also has chicken making it really high in protein. Protein plays an important role in our overall health. It contributes to our energy levels, immune system, and it is used to build and repair tissues.
Want more salad recipes?
My cookbook Healthy Fresh Salads contains:
- Over 30 gluten-free, unique, and fresh salad recipes created by Holistic Nutritionists
- A delicious cookbook with full-colour vibrant pictures
- Guide to creating the ultimate salad
- Instructions on how to clean fruits and veggies
- Information about GMO foods and how to avoid them
- Importance of eating the rainbow
- Guide to buying fresh produce on a budget
Rocket Chicken Brussels Sprout Salad Recipe
gluten-free & no soy
Prep time: 10 minutes + 4 hours marinating | Cooking time: 20 minutes | Serving Size: 4
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 12 tbsp fresh lemon juice, divided
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tsp dried rosemary
- 1½ tsp sea salt, divided
- 1½ tsp fresh ground pepper, divided
- 4 5-oz boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- 8 cups loose-packed arugula
- 8 cups shaved Brussels sprouts
- 1 avocado, diced
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup pine nuts, toasted
- In a sealable bag or dish, combine lemon zest, 6 tbsp lemon juice, avocado oil, garlic, rosemary, 1 tsp salt and 1 tsp pepper. Add chicken and turn to coat with marinade. Seal the container and refrigerate at least 4 hours and up to 12 hours.
- Preheat oven to 450°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Remove chicken from marinade and place on baking sheet; bake until cooked through, 25 minutes. Remove from oven and cut into slices.
- Meanwhile, prepare the vinaigrette. In a bowl, whisk together remaining 6 tbsp lemon juice, olive oil, honey, remaining ½ tsp salt and remaining ½ tsp pepper.
- To make 1 serving, toss 2 cups arugula and 2 cups shaved Brussels sprouts with ¼ of the vinaigrette. Place in a bowl and top with 1 sliced chicken breast, ¼ of the avocado, 2 tbsp Parmesan and ¼ cup toasted pine nuts.
PER SERVING: CALORIES: 772, TOTAL FAT: 48 g, SAT. FAT: 12 g, CARBS: 46 g, FIBER: 12 g, SUGARS: 15 g, PROTEIN: 50 g, SODIUM: 1,601 mg, CHOLESTEROL: 104 mg