Vegan Roasted Pumpkin Tacos are the perfect autumn dinner. Adding pumpkin to tacos gives them a festive fall feel while still honouring this savoury Mexican dish. They are made with spicy roasted pumpkin, garlic refried beans, creamy guacamole, juicy tomatoes and fresh cilantro.
Get more recipes and meal plans with the new Clean Eating Membership
I’m thrilled to be creating recipes and meal plans for the new Clean Eating Membership called CE All-Access. This recipe is a sneak peek at what you can expect in the fall plant-based meal plan. Members pay $64 a year to access meal plans on Cleaneating.com, a subscription to the new Clean Eating Meals mobile app that includes a meal planning tool, shopping list builder, macro tracker and online grocery ordering, plus webinars with experts (like me!), and other great perks.
Vegan Roasted Pumpkin Tacos with Black Beans Recipe
gluten-free & nut-free
Prep time: 20 minutes | Cook time: 42 minutes | Serves 4
- 2 cups raw pumpkin, peeled and diced into 1cm cubes
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup cilantro
- 8 medium corn tortillas
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
For the refried beans
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced for finely diced
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 cups cooked black beans
- 1/3 cup water
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp salt
For the guacamole
- 2 ripe avocados, cut into chunks
- 2 garlic clove, minced
- Juice from a lime
- Preheat oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss pumpkin in 2 tbsp coconut oil, and cayenne pepper and bake for 30 minutes, flipping occasionally.
- To make the refried beans, heat 1 tbsp coconut oil in a skillet on medium heat and add onion, cook till tender, 3 minutes. Add garlic and chilli powder and cook until you can smell the garlic, 1 minute. Add beans and cook till soft 4 minutes. Finally, add water, salt and pepper and mash until smooth with the back of your spatula and cook for 5 minutes to thicken.
- To make the guac, mash together the avocado, garlic clove and lime juice.
- To assemble the roasted pumpkin tacos, place 2 medium corn tortillas on a plate. Top with refried beans, guac, pumpkin, tomatoes and cilantro. Squeeze on lime juice and enjoy.
PER SERVING: CALORIES: 527, FAT: 23 g, SAT. FAT: 13 g, CARBS: 71 g, FIBER: 18 g, SUGARS: 5 g, PROTEIN: 15 g, SODIUM: 341 mg, CHOLESTEROL: 0 mg