Embrace the flavours of fall with this hearty vegan fall salad. It has a delicious sweetness from sweet potatoes and cranberries and is super filling thanks to black beans and quinoa. Even if you don’t follow a plant-based diet you will enjoy this fall infused salad.
Have you ever found yourself thinking “I need to be more creative with veggies”?
This is a common complaint I hear a lot from my clients and readers.
Everyone knows they need to be eating lots of veggies, but the thought of eating another salad made with lettuce from a bag and store-bought dressing makes everyone want to yawn with boredom.
That is why I created Healthy Fresh Salads. It contains over 30 exciting and fresh gluten-free salad recipes. The recipes are all “fresh”, not only are they created using fresh veggies, but they are also inspired, creative and anything but boring.
Hearty Vegan Fall Salad Recipe
vegan & gluten-free
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 30 minutes | Serves 4
- 2 sweet potatoes, diced 4 cups
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 8 cup shredded Romain lettuce
- 2 cups cooked black beans
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup raw almonds, chopped
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1.5 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 425F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss sweet potatoes in 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper, cinnamon, and coconut oil in a large bowl.
- Spread sweet potatoes on a baking sheet and bake for 20-30 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring every 5 minutes.
- While the sweet potatoes are cooking, chop the veggies and make the dressing by whisking together the apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, olive oil, mustard, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper.
- To assemble, toss the Romain lettuce, black beans, and quinoa in a large bowl with the dressing. Top with sweet potatoes, cranberries, and almonds.
PER SERVING: CALORIES: 513, FAT: 21 g, SAT. FAT: 2 g, CARBS: 64 g, FIBER: 16 g, SUGARS: 11 g, PROTEIN: 18 g, SODIUM: 358 mg, CHOLESTEROL: 0 mg