Pasta with Roasted Garlic and Tomato Sauce is fresh, simple, and ready in under 30 minutes. Making fresh pasta sauce couldn’t be easier when the oven does all of the work. The sauce is made with roasted tomatoes, onion, and garlic blended with Greek yogurt to give it a tangy creaminess. I like to use fibre-rich chickpea pasta and top it with fresh basil and parmesan cheese.
Eat your way to high energy levels
In my course Eat Clean for Energy I share lots of yummy recipes like this one that are bursting with energy-boosting ingredients. I also explain how the macro and micronutrients in the food you eat directly correlate to the amount of energy that’s available to you. From healthy fats to adaptogens, essential vitamins and balancing blood sugar levels, I break it down and shows which foods zap energy and which foods make it soar.
Pasta with Roasted Garlic and Tomato Sauce Recipe
vegetarian & nut-free
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 20 minutes | Serves 4
- 4 large tomatoes, roughly, 6 cups
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 onion, roughly diced
- ¼ cup avocado oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- ½ tsp honey
- 6 cups dried chickpea pasta
- ½ cup basil, chiffonade
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- To make the sauce, preheat the oven to 450F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Add the tomatoes, garlic, onion and toss in avocado oil, salt and pepper. Bake for 20 minutes. Place in a blender, add Greek yogurt and honey and blend until smooth. If you don’t have a blender, you can pour the roasted veggies into a pot and use an immersion blender or potato masher.
- Cook the pasta as directed on the package.
- Place the pasta in a bowl, cover it in roasted garlic and tomato sauce and top it with basil and parmesan cheese.
PER SERVING: CALORIES: 625, FAT: 25 g, SAT. FAT: 4 g, CARBS: 80 g, FIBER: 20 g, SUGARS: 20 g, PROTEIN: 36 g, SODIUM: 454 mg, CHOLESTEROL: 9 mg