Crispy Baked Chicken and Purple Slaw is a healthy spin on classic fried chicken and coleslaw. The chicken is breaded and baked to crispy perfection. The vibrant purple coleslaw has a Greek yogurt dressing in place of the traditional mayo-based dressing. Eating healthy doesn’t have to mean hours in the kitchen and long grocery lists. You can make this recipe start to finish in under 30 minutes!
Eat Clean for Energy
In my course Eat Clean for Energy, I explain how the macro and micronutrients in the food you eat directly correlate to the amount of energy that’s available to you.
In this 7-week course, you’ll learn:
- How to zero in on what’s slumping your energy
- Foods that charge…and foods that drain
- Recipes and cooking techniques to boost and build energy levels that last
- How many carbs, protein and fat you should eat daily for your weight and energy goals
- How intermittent fasting can contribute to soaring energy and mental clarity
- To snack or not to snack?
- How blood sugar and the glycemic index works
- Structuring meals that balance blood sugar throughout the day
- Incorporating adaptogens to balance adrenal fatigue and thyroid dysfunction
- The powerful benefits of medicinal mushrooms
- The importance of hydration for energy and ATP production
- Understanding healthy vs. unhealthy fats
- The power of probiotics, enzymes and fermented foods
- Determining food allergies
- Principles for building a healthy lifestyle including healthy sleep, stress and exercise
Crispy Baked Chicken and Purple Slaw Recipe
Prep time: 25 minutes | Cook time: 15 minutes | Serves 4
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, filleted
- 2.5 cups panko breadcrumbs
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- ¾ tsp pepper, divided
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups red cabbage, shredded or grated
- 2 carrots, grated 1.5 cups
- 2 ribs of celery, chopped
- 2/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp honey
- Preheat the oven to 450F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, chili powder and pepper in a shallow dish.
- Scramble the eggs in a second shallow dish.
- Keeping one hand dry and one hand wet, dip chicken in eggs and gently let any extra egg drip off. Cover in bread crumbs, then place on the baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes until cooked through and no longer pink.
- While the chicken cooks, cut the veggies and place them in a large bowl. To save time, you can use the grater attachment on your food processor to grate the cabbage, carrots and celery.
- Make the dressing by whisking together plain Greek yogurt, apple cider vinegar, honey, salt and ¼ tsp pepper. Pour over coleslaw and toss.
NOTE: if using a large or particularly thick chicken breast, you may have to increase the cooking time or fillet it into 3 to make sure it cooks through in 15 minutes.
PER SERVING: CALORIES: 549, FAT: 11 g, SAT. FAT: 4 g, CARBS: 67 g, FIBER: 6 g, SUGARS: 18 g, PROTEIN: 46 g, SODIUM: 973 mg, CHOLESTEROL: 157 mg