Who doesn’t want to start their day with chocolate!? These chocolate peanut butter energy bars are filling enough to fuel your morning. They have raw cacao nibs for a crunchy caffeine boost and lots of fibre to slow down the release of the sugar from the dates. Bars are a delicious breakfast with your morning tea or a quick snack when hunger strikes.
Eat your way to high energy levels
In my course Eat Clean for Energy, I explain how the macro and micronutrients in the food you eat directly correlate to the amount of energy that’s available to you. From healthy fats to adaptogens, essential vitamins and balancing blood sugar levels, I break it down and shows which foods zap energy and which foods make it soar.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Energy Bars Recipe
vegan & gluten-free
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 20 minutes | Serves 4-8
- 3/4 cups rolled oats (not instant)
- 1/4 cup peanuts
- 1 cup Medjool dates (7 dates), pits removed
- 3 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 2 tbsp raw cacao nibs
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a bread pan with parchment paper.
- Place oats and peanuts in a food processor and blend until it reaches a lumpy flour-like consistency. Pour into a large bowl.
- Place the dates, water, peanut butter and vanilla in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add coconut, raw cacao nibs and cinnamon to the oat mixture and stir until mixed.
- Add the date paste and stir until mixed, you might have to use your hands.
- Spoon into the baking sheet and press down with damp hands (so the mixture doesn’t stick to your fingers).
- Bake for 20 minutes or until firm and golden along the edges. Cool and cut chocolate peanut butter energy bars into 4 big bars.