Creamy Salmon Salad is a filling and refreshing salad that you will come back to again and again. The creamy sauce is the perfect complement to the veggies, salmon, and crunchy almonds. It is really filling and also super low in carbohydrates at 14g. Low carbohydrate diets have been found to help some people lose weight and control blood sugar levels.
Get more salad recipe in my cookbook!
Everyone knows they need to be eating lots of veggies, but the thought of eating another salad made with lettuce from a bag and store-bought dressing makes everyone want to yawn with boredom.
Healthy Fresh Salads over 30 gluten-free, unique, and fresh salad recipes created by Holistic Nutritionists. I also added information on why it is important to eat the rainbow, nope not Skittles, but a variety of colourful vegetables. My book explains how to properly clean your veggies and talks about Genetically Modified Organisms and why we should avoid them. I also wrote a chapter with tips and tricks on how to buy fresh produce without spending tonnes of money.
Creamy Salmon Salad Recipe
gluten-free & low carb
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 10 minutes | Serves 1
- 1 wild salmon fillet
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp plain Greek yoghurt, at least 2% fat
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 2 cup baby spinach
- 1 tomato, diced 1 cup
- 1 celery stock, diced ½ cup
- ¼ red onion thinly sliced
- ¼ cup chopped almonds
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Check salmon for bones, rinse under cold water then pat dry. Place salmon on a square of parchment paper and fold the parchment paper around the salmon creating a pouch. Seal the top by folding it over and twist the ends to create a seal. Bake for 10 minutes, or until the salmon is cooked through and flaky.
- Make the dressing by whisking together olive oil, yoghurt, apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper.
- To assemble the Creamy Salmon Salad, toss the spinach, tomato, celery and red onion in the dressing. Top with salmon fillet and almonds.
PER SERVING: CALORIES: 641, FAT: 52 g, SAT. FAT: 7 g, CARBS: 14 g, FIBER: 6 g, SUGARS: 5 g, PROTEIN: 36 g, SODIUM: 437 mg, CHOLESTEROL: 76 mg