This hummus and veggie sandwich is the perfect on-the-go filling lunch. You can make it in the morning and it will still taste delicious by the time lunch rolls around. It is packed with protein-rich hummus, energizing avocado, crunchy cucumber, juicy tomatoes and B-vitamin rich spinach. Enjoy it with a side of hummus (because who doesn’t love hummus?!) and carrot sticks.
Looking for more sandwich recipes?
I published a cookbook called Healthy Homemade Soups and Sandwiches to give you healthy and yummy recipes to mix up your lunches. It is full of warming soup recipes and creative sandwiches.
Healthy Homemade Soups & Sandwiches is for you if you:
- Want to start making healthier choices for yourself and your family but don’t want to eat boring and tasteless “health food”
- Spend lots of money buying canned soups
- Are looking for easy meals that take little to no cooking skills
- Want to save money and get the most bang for your buck nutritionally
- Are looking for great recipes so you can mix things up and not serve the same dishes all the time
- Like to eat sandwiches for lunch but are bored with PB&J
- Have lots of picky eaters in your house who say they won’t eat healthy food
Hummus and Veggie Sandwich Recipe
vegan & nut-free
Prep time: 5 minutes | Serving size: 1
- 2 big slices of sourdough bread
- ½ cup hummus
- ½ a large tomato sliced
- 1-inch cucumber cut into slices
- ½ cup baby spinach
- ½ avocado
- 1 cup carrot sticks
- Slather ¼ cup hummus on both slices of bread. Top with cucumber, tomato, spinach and avocado.
- Enjoy this hummus and veggie sandwich with a side of carrot sticks and hummus.
PER SERVING: CALORIES: 710, FAT: 34 g, SAT. FAT: 6 g, CARBS: 87 g, FIBER: 21 g, SUGARS: 11 g, PROTEIN: 22 g, SODIUM: 1003 mg, CHOLESTEROL: 0 mg