Egg Salad Lettuce Cups are a delicious and gluten-free way to enjoy egg salad. Eggs are considered a high-quality protein because they contain a complete range of amino acids, which are essential building blocks in our bodies. Eggs also contain all energy-producing B vitamins. For this recipe, I ditched bread and used Romaine lettuce cups for a crunchy gluten-free alternative.
Get more recipes in my cookbook Healthy Homemade Soups & Sandwiches
I created egg salad lettuce wraps because eating the same sandwiches over and over can get really boring. There are also so many creative alternatives to bread. For this recipe, I used romaine lettuce leaves but you could use collard greens or nori! I share lots of yummy sandwich and soup recipes in my cookbook.
Healthy Homemade Soups and Sandwiches contains:
- Over 30 unique soup and sandwich recipes created by Holistic Nutritionists
- Vibrant full-colour pictures for every recipe
- Directions to properly freeze and reheat soups
- Explanation of the nutritional differences between frozen, fresh, and canned veggies
- The downfalls of canned soup – BPA and sodium
- Healing properties of 12 common herbs and spices
- Kitchen essentials 101
Egg Salad Lettuce Cups Recipe
gluten-free & vegetarian
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 10 | Serving size: 2
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp mayo
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/8 tsp salt
- ¼ red onion, thinly sliced ¼ cup
- ½ cup cucumber
- 2 tbsp dill, minced
- 4 Romaine lettuce leaves
Place eggs in a pot and cover with cold water by 1 inch. Cover and bring to a boil, turn off the burner let it cook for 10 minutes. Drain, cool in ice water and peel.
Place the eggs in a large bowl and mash with 1 tbsp mayo, Dijon mustard, paprika, salt and pepper. Stir in the red onion and cucumber. Spoon into Romaine lettuce leaves and enjoy!