Anti-inflammatory Carrot Muffins get their anti-inflammatory boost from turmeric. Turmeric gives these muffins and beautiful vibrant colour but the flavour is very subtle. They are moist due to the carrots and have a delicious texture thanks to the shredded coconut. I like to enjoy them two at a time with tahini and a cup of tea.
Eat your way to high energy levels
In my course Eat Clean for Energy, I explain how the macro and micronutrients in the food you eat directly correlate to the amount of energy that’s available to you. From healthy fats to adaptogens, essential vitamins and balancing blood sugar levels, I break it down and shows which foods zap energy and which foods make it soar.
Anti-inflammatory Carrot Muffins Recipe
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 20 minutes | Serving size: 12 muffins
- 2 cups almond flour
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- ½ cup maple syrup, at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1.5 cups grated carrot
- ¼ cup tahini
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a muffin tray with medium liners.
- In a large bowl, mix together almond flour, shredded coconut, turmeric, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In a small bowl, whisk together coconut oil, eggs, maple syrup and vanilla.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and stir to combine. Fold in the grated carrots.
- Spoon into the muffin tray and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Enjoy Anti-inflammatory Carrot Muffins with tahini or your favourite nut butter.
PER 2 MUFFINS: CALORIES: 433, FAT: 32 g, SAT. FAT: 11 g, CARBS: 30 g, FIBER: 6 g, SUGARS: 20 g, PROTEIN: 11 g, SODIUM: 293 mg, CHOLESTEROL: 62 mg