Almond Crispy Rice Easter Eggs are a fun and healthy way to celebrate this spring holiday. They are made with whole food ingredients like crispy brown rice, almond butter, coconut oil, and maple syrup. They taste great as is, but I like to top them with a little melted chocolate and naturally coloured sprinkles. I can also assure you that Almond Crispy Rice Easter Eggs are toddler and preschooler approved. My son said “So yummy, crunch!” when he first took a bite.
Get more Healthy Dairy Free Desserts
My cookbook Healthy Dairy Free Desserts contains over 30 holistically delicious dessert recipes (with stunning images) that you can enjoy guilt-free! It is available in both softcover and digital.
All of the unique recipes are nutritionist-approved, made with whole food ingredients and do not contain any soy, dairy, white flour or processed sugar. Healthy Dairy Free Desserts also contains a guide to healthy baking substitutes and alternative sugars, so you can learn how to turn your family favourites into healthy desserts.
Almond Crispy Rice Easter Eggs Recipe
gluten-free & vegan
Prep time: 10 minutes | Chill time: 2 hours
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 4 tbsp coconut oil, divided
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups brown rice crispy cereal
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp sprinkles
- Place almond butter, maple syrup, 2 tbsp coconut oil and vanilla in a pot over medium heat. Heat gently while whisking until smooth.
- Place brown crispy rice cereal in a heatproof bowl and pour almond butter mixture over top. Chill in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Form into eggs with wet hands (this is key, it is very sticky!) and place on a baking sheet in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- In a small pot, melt chocolate chips and 1 tbsp coconut oil over low heat.
- Top the Almond Crispy Rice Easter Eggs with melted chocolate and sprinkles. Place in the freezer again for an hour to chill. You can enjoy them straight out of the freezer or place them in the fridge for 30 to soften.
If you don’t feel like making eggs (it is a bit of a process) you can press the mixture into an 8×8 lined baking dish and drizzle with chocolate and sprinkles.