This zesty cilantro dressing might have a lot of ingredients but I promise that each and every one of them is worth it! It is packed full of zesty flavour and turns your salad into something special. Cilantro (aka coriander) is a powerful herb that has numerous healing properties. It has the ability to cleanse heavy metals because it contains a chemical compound that binds to toxic metals and loosens them from the tissue so they can be detoxed.
All you need to know about cilantro
Cilantro has a bright and citrusy flavour, but some hate it because they find it tastes like soap. I am not one of those people, I LOVE cilantro! It is a versatile herb that pairs well with avocado, beef, carrots, chicken, citrus, coconut, corn, eggs, fennel, lamb, onion, seafood, and tomato, just to name a few. On top of being detoxifying, it is also bursting with health benefits.
- Cilantro exhibits effective antibiotic, antimicrobial, and antibacterial properties
- It stimulates insulin secretion and lowers blood sugar levels
- Cilantro provides antioxidant benefits from the numerous phytonutrients it contains
Learn more about the health benefits of cilantro and other herbs and spices in my free eBook Healing Herbs and Spices.
Zesty Cilantro Dressing
(no soy, dairy-free, vegetarian)
Prep time: 5 minutes | Serving size: 1½ cups
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice, roughly 1.5 limes
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ bunch of cilantro, 1 cup diced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp honey
- Blend lime juice, vinegar, and cilantro in your Vitamix (or blender) until smooth. Add the honey, garlic and salt and mustard; blend again until smooth.
- Slowly pour the olive oil into the mixture while the blender is on.
- Drizzle over any salad and enjoy!
This zesty cilantro dressing goes really well with the Up Beet Quinoa Salad from my cookbook Healthy Fresh Salads.
Healthy Fresh Salads contains:
- Over 30 gluten-free, unique, and fresh salad recipes created by Holistic Nutritionists
- A delicious cookbook with full-colour vibrant pictures
- Guide to creating the ultimate salad
- Instructions on how to clean fruits and veggies
- Information about GMO foods and how to avoid them
- Importance of eating the rainbow
- Guide to buying fresh produce on a budget