Have you ever thought “I get bored and need more variety in my meals!”?
This is something I hear all the time from my clients.
My free eBook Healing Herbs and Spices explains the health benefits of 12 common herbs and spices. It teaches you how to spice up your life by incorporating them into your meals.
It also includes 4 bonus recipes from my cookbook Healthy Homemade Soups & Sandwiches.
Adding healing herbs and spices to your meals are one of the best ways to add variety and flavour to your diet without adding additional calories or sodium.
They effortlessly transform a boring plate of brown rice and steamed broccoli into a spicy curry delicacy.
Herbs and spices also offer a wide range of healing properties from easing digestion to reducing inflammation.
There are lots and lots of fabulous herbs and spices, but I have chosen to profile my twelves favourite which are used the most in my cookbook Healthy Homemade Soups & Sandwiches.
12 Common Healing Herbs and Spices
Learn about the health benefits of healing herbs and spices you probably already have in your pantry!
- Black pepper
- Cayenne and chili peppers
- Cilantro aka coriander
For each of the healing herbs and spices, I explain their flavour, healing properties, and what they pair well with so you can start using them in your cooking.
Meet Jesse Lane Lee
Hello! I’m Jesse Lane Lee, BSc, CNP, and I am a cheerful Holistic Nutritionist, cookbook author and cooking class instructor.
I am the founder of JesseLaneWellness.com, a web-based holistic nutrition practice and holistic recipe resource.
I have appeared on TV as a guest expert on CTV Your Morning, Breakfast Television Toronto, Daytime Toronto, and several local TV shows. I am also a regular contributor to Clean Eating Magazine, KrisCarr.com, and MindBodyGreen.com.
I believe that eating healthy whole foods can be easy, fun and most of all delicious!
I love to get creative in the kitchen and share holistically delicious recipes that accommodate a wide variety of food allergies, diets and lifestyle choices.
I am the author of Healthy Fresh Salads, Healthy Dairy Free Desserts and a co-author of The Holistic In the City 21 Day Smoothie Guide. I am also the author of Healthy Homemade Soups & Sandwiches. There are 4 bonus recipes in Healing Herbs and Spices to give you a sneak peek at what I have in store for you!
Bonus recipeS include:
- Cauliflower Almond Soup – Silky smooth with cancer-fighting cauliflower, warming nutmeg, and protein packed almond butter.
- Roasted Pumpkin Soup – Thick, creamy, and bursting with fall flavours and healing spices like garlic, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, thyme, and rosemary.
- Spicy Black Bean Soup – Packed with veggies and the Mexican spices like chilli powder, red pepper flakes, and black pepper to warm you up from the inside out.
- Falafel Hummus Collard Wrap – Light and refreshing crisp collard greens filled with creamy falafel hummus with parsley, crunchy carrots, juicy celery, acidic tomatoes, and tangy pickles.