If you love tuna salad and egg salad you will love this combo of the two in the protein-packed salad. It is really quick to make and very filling. I used Greek yoghurt in place of mayo in the dressing to boost the protein content and add creaminess.
Get more salad recipes in my cookbook Healthy Fresh Salads!
Healthy Fresh Salads contains over 30 exciting and fresh gluten-free salad recipes. The recipes are all “fresh”, not only are they created using fresh veggies, but they are also inspired, creative and anything but boring.
- Over 30 gluten-free, unique, and fresh salad recipes created by Holistic Nutritionists
- A delicious cookbook with full-colour vibrant pictures
- Guide to creating the ultimate salad
- Instructions on how to clean fruits and veggies
- Information about GMO foods and how to avoid them
- Importance of eating the rainbow
- Guide to buying fresh produce on a budget
Egg and Tuna Protein-packed Salad Recipe
(gluten-free, no soy)
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cooking time: 10 minutes | Serving Size: 1
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup Greek yoghurt
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 170g can of tuna in water, drained
- ½ cup cucumber, diced
- ½ cup almonds, chopped
- 1½ cup arugula
- Place the egg in a pot and cover with cold water by 1 inch. Cover and bring to a boil, turn off the burner let it cook for 10 minutes. Drain, cool in ice water and peel. NOTE: If you are following the November high protein meal plan, hard-boil two eggs.
- In a medium bowl stir together the Greek yoghurt, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Place arugula in a bowl and top with egg, tuna, cucumber, and almonds. Drizzle with this protein-packed salad with dressing and enjoy.
PER SERVING: CALORIES: 593, FAT: 31 g, SAT. FAT: 5 g, CARBS: 16 g, FIBER: 7 g, SUGARS: 6 g, PROTEIN: 65 g, SODIUM: 506 mg, CHOLESTEROL: 219 mg