Crunchy Pecan Chicken with Sautéed Ginger Kale is a warm winter meal that is packed with protein and dark leafy greens. Coating chicken in ground pecans adds such a great texture and flavour. It pairs really well with sautéed ginger baby kale topped with pecans for crunch and salty feta.
Virtual Corporate Wellness Lunch & Learns and Virtual Cooking Classes
We all feel really disconnected right now. It is important to look for opportunities to bring your employee together virtually to boost morale, foster connection, and to learn a new skill. My enthusiasm for healthy living is contagious and as such, I would love the opportunity to partner with your company on ways to increase overall employee productivity, engagement, and satisfaction at work.
I have been running these sessions since the start of covid and am effectively able to manage the group and foster engagement. I understand the limiters of the online platform and am able to navigate the technology seamlessly. For a high-quality experience, I use professional lights, mic, and camera.
Corporate wellness lunch & learns and virtual cooking classes are run through Zoom. The capacity is 100, however, I like to cap my classes at 30 participants to encourage engagement, questions and interaction. The sessions are one hour long.
All corporate wellness sessions come with the option of a replay for those who are unable to attend or have to leave early.
Crunchy Pecan Chicken with Sautéed Ginger Kale Recipe
Prep time: 20 minutes | Cook time: 30 minutes | Serves 4
- 2 cups pecans
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 2 eggs, scrambled
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 cups baby kale
- 3/4 cup feta
- Grind 1.5 cup pecans into a coarse flour. In a medium bowl mix together ground pecans, ¼ tsp salt, ¼ tsp pepper and oregano.
- Scramble two eggs in a small bowl.
- Coat chicken in pecan mixture and shake off excess flour. Dip into the egg and let any extra liquid drop off. Finally, dip in the pecan mixture once more to create a thick crust.
- Place crunchy pecan chicken in the oven and bake at 425F for 22-26 minutes until the internal temperature is 165F.
- Heat oil in a large pan or wok to medium heat. Add ginger and garlic and sautée until fragrant, 1 minute. Add baby kale and stir continuously until wilted, 5 minutes. Top with feta cheese and ½ cup chopped pecans.
PER SERVING: CALORIES: 614, FAT: 28 g, SAT. FAT: 10 g, CARBS: 34 g, FIBER: 7 g, SUGARS: 1 g, PROTEIN: 62 g, SODIUM: 950 mg, CHOLESTEROL: 240 mg