Greek Lettuce Cups can be made in less than 30 minutes making them perfect for busy weeknights. The protein in this recipe is lamb which pairs so well with Greek seasoning and mint. The tomatoes and cucumber add a really nice crunch and the goat cheese and plain yogurt add a creamy tanginess.
Greek Lettuce Cups Recipe
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 00 minutes | Serves 3
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 lb ground lamb
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp oregano
- ¼ tsp salt
- 6 large lettuce leaves or 9 small leaves
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 cup cucumber diced
- ¼ cup red onion diced
- ¾ cup goat cheese
- 6 tbsp Greek yoghurt, at least 2%
- 3 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- Heat avocado oil in a pan to medium-low heat. Add lamb, garlic powder, pepper, oregano, and salt and cook until the meat is no longer pink, 7 minutes then drain.
- To assemble the Greek lettuce cups, place two large lettuce leaves on a plate. Top with 1/3 of the lamb mixture, diced tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, goat cheese, 2 tbsp plain Greek yogurt and 1 tbsp fresh mint.
PER SERVING: CALORIES: 549, FAT: 41 g, SAT. FAT: 19 g, CARBS: 8 g, FIBER: 2 g, SUGARS: 4 g, PROTEIN: 35 g, SODIUM: 417 mg, CHOLESTEROL: 123 mg