Cheddar Broccoli Quiche with Quinoa Crust is a yummy classic turned gluten-free. Quiche is such a versatile meal. It makes a super filling breakfast or lunch. It can be enjoyed warm out of the oven or cold straight out of the fridge. This quiche has a quinoa crust making it even higher in protein than a regular quiche.
Get more recipes and meal plans with the new Clean Eating Membership
I’m thrilled to be creating recipes and meal plans for the new Clean Eating Membership called CE All-Access. Members pay $64 a year to access meal plans on Cleaneating.com, a subscription to the new Clean Eating Meals mobile app that includes a meal planning tool, shopping list builder, macro tracker and online grocery ordering, plus webinars with experts (like me!), and other great perks.
Cheddar Broccoli Quiche with Quinoa Crust Recipe
Prep time: 30 minutes | Cooking time: 60 minutes | Serving Size: 4
FOR THE CRUST
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 egg, beaten
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
FOR THE FILLING
- 4 slices of bacon
- 1 small onion, diced 1 cup
- 1.5 cups broccoli florets
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- ⅓ cup almond milk
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a large bowl mix together cooked quinoa, 1 egg, ¼ tsp salt and pepper. Pour into a 9-inch pie plate and press into the sides. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Place 4 slices of bacon in a room temperature large pan and bring to medium heat. Flip after 5 minutes and cook until crispy for an additional 5 minutes. Remove from pan and place on a paper towel-lined plate and pat to remove grease.
- Drain access bacon grease from the pan and add the onion. Sautee for 5 minutes. Add broccoli and cook for 5 minutes until vibrant green.
- In a large bowl mix together the eggs, milk, and cheese.
- Distribute the onion, broccoli and bacon evenly over the quinoa crust. Top with the egg mixture. Bake for 40 minutes at 375F until the egg is set.
- Enjoy Cheddar Broccoli Quiche with Quinoa Crust hot or cold.
PER SERVING: CALORIES: 486, FAT: 31 g, SAT. FAT: 12 g, CARBS: 28 g, FIBER: 4 g, SUGARS: 3 g, PROTEIN: 26 g, SODIUM: 1,005 mg, CHOLESTEROL: 307 mg