Gingerbread Orange Hot Toddy is a festive twist on this classic cocktail. It is perfect for the holidays and winter months because it will warm you up from the inside out. It gets a tangy sweetness from orange juice and classic gingerbread flavours from blackstrap molasses, ginger and cinnamon. The whisky is totally optional!
If you like Gingerbread, you will love my Elevated Gingerbread Corporate Cooking Class!
Last-minute virtual holiday team building activities can be hard to find. My virtual cooking classes are a great way to fill your house with the delicious smells of holiday baking while relaxing with co-workers. I still have a few spots available the week of December 20th! During my Elevated Gingerbread Class, we skip gingerbread men and learn how to make Gingerbread Squares and this Gingerbread Orange Hot Toddy Cocktail. The Orange-Scented Gingerbread Squares I posted last week are sweet with a hint of warming ginger and zesty orange. If you like molasses you will love this class! Learn more about my virtual holiday team building activities here.
Health Benefits of Blackstrap Molasses
- It is rich in iron which transports oxygen from the lungs to all cells in the body and plays a key role in energy production and metabolism.
- Blackstrap molasses is a good source of calcium. In addition to building and maintaining strong bones and teeth, calcium removes toxins from the colon reducing the risk of colon cancer. Calcium is also involved in nerve transmissions to and from the brain and can help prevent migraines.
- It is high in energy-producing manganese and free radical eliminating copper.
Gingerbread Orange Hot Toddy Recipe
Prep time: 1 minute | Serving size: 1
- 1/2 orange, juiced
- 1.5 oz whiskey *optional
- 1/2 tsp blackstrap molasses
- 1/8 tsp ginger
- pinch cinnamon
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- Place everything in a mug and stir until dissolved.
- Garnish with a slice of orange and a cinnamon stick if you have one.